How to Reduce Swollen Eyelids: Swollen eyelids are happened due to the building up of fluids in the tissues surrounding the eyes. It may also cause because of some allergies because allergy can also cause the swelling of the eyes with red, itchy, and watery eyes. It is the most common problem from which we suffer most of the time in our life.
- How to Reduce Heart Rate
- How to Reduce Nausea
- How to Reduce Scars
- How to Reduce Foot Swelling
- How to Reduce Anxiety
- How to Reduce Knee Pain
- How to Reduce Lower Back Pain
- How to Reduce Heartburn
- How to Reduce Hips
- How to Reduce Eye Bags
- How to Reduce Appetite
- How to Reduce Tonsil Swelling
- How to Reduce Chest Fat
- How to Reduce Depression
- How to Reduce Fatigue
- How to Reduce Hangover
There are many reasons like the cyst, pink eye, bug bite, allergies, etc which can cause the swelling of the eyes. There are some diseases which have symptoms of swelling of eyelids and the diseases like gaves’ diseases as well as eye cancer etc.
How to Reduce Swollen Eyelids
Puffy, as well as swollen eyelids, cause many problems like discomfort, embarrassment, impaired vision as well as you can also find difficulty in cleaning your eyes and doing makeup around the eyes. So, today’s we are going to share with you some tips through which you can reduce the swelling of the eyes.
- Wash your face: the swelling can be caused by allergies so, wash your face five to six times a day so that the allergens can be removed from the skin as well as from eyelashes.
- Apply a cold compress: if you have swelled with itching then you can apply a cold compress by soaking your towel in the cold water and applying it on your eyes, coolness which you will give to your eyes will really be helpful in swollen eyelids.
- Stay indoors: weather and pollution can also be caused effects on the swollen eyelids as it can increase it so, try to stay inside the house and be away from outdoor activities especially just after the rain because after raining many of the allergens fill the air.
How to Reduce Swollen Eyelids Fast
As we have told you earlier that there are many causes of swelling of eyelids so, depending upon the cause you can get the treatment of eyelids. To get the relief you can apply some eye drops which are prescribed by ophthalmologists and also you can wash your eyes, can give the cold compress, or you can also rinse your eyes to get relief from pain as well as swelling of eyelids. In most cases eyelids is not a big problem i.e it is harmless but if it remains after 24 to 36 hours then you need to go to a doctor, you can also go to the doctor if you find the symptoms that we have described just below.
* Eye pain
* blurred vision or distorted vision.
* Vision that is really worse and you will discomfort in seeing any of the things which are in your around.
* You are feeling that there is something which has been stuck in your eyes.
* You find difficulties in moving eye muscles.
So, if you find the above symptoms then you really need to go to the doctor because eyelids can also be swollen in the diseases like eye cancer. So, only the doctor can diagnose the cause of swelling and painful eyelids.
One Swollen Eyelid
Many times we have got swelling in only one eye, one eyelid swollen can cause problems like “style and chalazion” which you can treat by warm compressor by eating antibiotics. The style and chalazion cause redness, as well as swelling in one eyelid, eyelid pain, and you, will also feel that there is something in your eyes. The one eyelid swelling can also be caused by periorbital cellulitis which is one of the infections of the eyelids and it affects those children who are under 18 months old, you can find the symptoms like pain in the eyes, redness in eyes, swelling of eyes in periorbital cellulitis.
Swollen Eyelids Pictures
We have also shared with you the pictures of the swollen eyelids which is caused by different reasons.
Swollen Upper Eyelids
Sometimes you can find that only the upper eyelids get swollen but swollen may be under the eyes or you can find swollen lower eyelids because of allergies and bug bites and many other reasons. If there is swelling on the upper eyelids only then it may be reduced by proper treatment like by taking eye drops or oral pill and you can also try some self-treatment like the washing of eyes and be keeping cool or warm compress which will really helpful in reducing pain and swelling of the upper eyelids.
How to Make Swollen Eyelids Go Down
As the swelling of eyes can be caused by chalazion, allergies, stye, exhaustion, crying, cosmetics, or by the blocking of tear duct, etc. First off you need to get away from the makeup as well as the cream that you use around the eyes this can increase your problems so, avoid these things. Now, you can give rest to your eyes, you can also wash your eyes many times in a day, drink more and more water if you have swollen due to your emotional stress or you can say that swollen is caused due to crying, you can apply some eye drop, or you can take some antibiotics to get rid of your swollen eyes.