How to Reduce Cholesterol and its home remedies are described here. Pizza, Burger, Roll, Maggi, Chowmein? Yummy, I know you have already got a watery mouth. But hold on, Do you know how cholesterol-rich they are? Wait, First of all, tell me what do you mean by the term “CHOLESTEROL”?
- How to Reduce Air Pollution
- How to Reduce Anger
- How to Reduce Cortisol
- How to Reduce Electric Bills
- How to Reduce Friction
- How to Reduce Neck Fats
- How to Reduce Ping
- How to Reduce Body Heat
- How to Reduce Face Redness
- How to Reduce Cellulite
- How to Reduce Phlegm
- How to Reduce Arm Fat
- How to Reduce Man Boobs
- How to Reduce Breast
- How to Reduce Thigh Fat
No, Don’t worry, in this blog you will be enriched with a lot of knowledge on cholesterol, its pros and cons, and its remedies.
Cholesterol is an oily, fatty substance present in every cell in your body. It is also known as hypercholesterolemia or hyperlipidemia.
Cholesterol in some amount in your body is required but an excessive amount of cholesterol in your body is highly dangerous and harmful. Your body needs some amount of cholesterol to make hormones, Vitamin D, and substances which helps in the process of digestion. But the extreme amount of these cholesterol in your body leads to the formation of plaque by mixing with different substances present in the blood and sticks to the walls of arteries and as a result, the arteries narrow up.
How to Reduce Cholesterol
It is of different types such as LDL, HDL, VLDL. LDL stands for low-density lipoprotein. And a high LDL level is bad for your body as it leads to the formation of plaques in blood. HDL stands for high density lipoprotein and is considered as good cholesterol as it transfers back cholesterol from every body part to the liver where the extra cholesterol discharges. And VLDL stands for very low-density lipoprotein which is also bad cholesterol as it forms plaques. But it is different from LDL as it caries triglycerides, not cholesterol.
The main causes of high cholesterol is OverEating, Eating unhealthy foods(oily foods, meat, deep-fried foods, etc.), and not carrying out any of the physical exercises which degrades the body’s fitness. Smoking also decreases the level of HDL.
How to Reduce Cholesterol/ What are the ways to Reduce Cholesterol Level?
Worried about the excess amount of cholesterol ? Don’t worry, below mentioned are some methods to reduce excess cholesterol content in your body:-
- Food Measures- Eat healthy and clean foods, intake more saturated fats instead of unsaturated fats, avoid trans fats or oily junk foods as they are highly cholesterol rich, intake sufficient amount of water and soluble fiber which helps in the digestion process.
- Physical Activity measures:- Daily exercise such as walking, running, etc.,must be done regularly to burn a lot of calories per day and decrease the content of cholesterol in your body.
- Control being overweight as more the weight more is the cholesterol content.
- Avoid smoking as smoking can decrease the level of HDL content in your body.
- Reduce drinking alcohol. Though drinking alcohol in a minimal amount can help in increasing the level of HDL content but it has a lot of other drawbacks for which you cannot be prescribed to drink in large amount.
- If the cholesterol content doesn’t reduces by following these above rules, then do follow your doctor and start medication.
Home Remedy to Reduce Cholesterol Fast Naturally
In general, the main causes of high cholesterol are the trans fats, being Overweight, Inactivity, etc. Sometimes increasing age can induce high cholesterol content in your body. And it can be hereditary too. It can be found only after a blood test, and the measures are something like this:-
- High Cholesterol – Above 240 mg/dl
- Borderline High Cholesterol – 200-239 mg/dl
- Normal Cholesterol – Below 200 mg/dl
But don’t panic, There are some natural home remedies for reducing high content of cholesterol in your body:-
- Vitamin and mineral rich food must be a regular diet for the patients having high cholesterol content.
- Fish oil and cod liver oil can be a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which is one of the convenient method to reduce your cholesterol level.
- Cooking food with coconut oil and avoid other oils as coconut oil is totally cholesterol free and much lighter than other oils.
- Consumption of a good quantity of garlic every day is a great remedy for reducing cholesterol quickly.
- Avoid coffee and tea and start taking green tea in place of that as it also helps in reducing cholesterol content in your body.
- Consumption of fruits like oranges, grapes, pomegranate, etc. also helps in reducing cholesterol levels in your body.
So these are some natural home remedies which you can follow to reduce the content of cholesterol in you body. And with this, Exercise should be included in the daily timetable.
What Foods to Eat to Lower Cholesterol?
Checks in food are the main weapon to lower cholesterol levels in your body. That does not mean to eat less food, but it does say to keep a check on your quantity and quality of food. Every food you eat contains a thousands of constituents in them, some are good for health and some are bad. And these constituents differentiates good and bad food for health.
The foods you must take and reject to lower your cholesterol level are as follows:-
Say YES to;-
- Green and leafy vegetables such as beans, spinach, etc.
- Fruits like orange, apple, grapes, pomegranate, etc.
- Foods fortified with sterols and stanols absorb cholesterol from them.
- Water and fiber supplements help in quick digestion.
Say NO to:-
- Junk foods and street foods.
- Unhygienic foods and oily foods.
- Lots of meat and eggs regularly.
- Trans fats, etc.
With these intake of foods , you must exercise regularly to control your cholesterol level.