How to reduce phlegm is described here. Phlegm! I am sure most of you haven’t listened to this term. Don’t worry; you will be enriched on the topic Phlegm in this blog. It is a liquid substance secreted by the mucous membranes of mammals.
It is generally produced by the respiratory system. But it is neither the substance that comes out through nose nor the substance that comes through a cough. It is a watery gel which consists of glycoproteins, immunoglobulins, lipids and other protein-rich substance. It is generally transparent in color and can vary sometimes to pale yellow or green in color.
The causes of phlegm are as follows:-
- Using loud voices, yelling and screaming.
- Smoking in hot and dry conditions.
- Due to cold, flu and influenza.
- Air pollution and lots of impurities entering your body through the air.
- Fever and asthma etc.
Below enlisted are some points to reduce phlegm.
How to Reduce Phlegm?
Some illnesses related to phlegm are bloody sputum which can be a symptom of tuberculosis, bronchitis etc. Generally, for curing phlegm related diseases doctor prescribes apophlegmatisms.
But here are some easy ways to reduce phlegm:-
- Lemon tea with honey added to warm water is a great remedy for reducing phlegm.
- Spicy foods with more contents of chilies also help in reducing phlegm.
- Gargling with salt water is also a great remedy for curing phlegm.
- Hot drinks such as tea, coffee, soup etc. also help in reducing phlegm.
- Cider vinegar can also be of great help to reduce phlegm.
- Be hydrated always and drink enough water throughout a day.
Get Rid of Phlegm in Chest
Phlegm generally refers to mucus. And phlegm in chest means mucus in chests. And it is highly dangerous. Some easy ways to get rid of mucus in the chest are as follows:-
- Drink enough water so that your body remains hydrated throughout the day.
- Consume hot drinks such as soup, tea etc.
- Humidifier must be used in order to reduce mucus in the chest.
- Always try to take bath in warm water or in a sauna.
- Essential oils that get vaporized and honey are quite useful for reducing mucus in the chest.
- Vapor rubs can be of some help to reduce phlegm in chest.
Home Remedy to Get Rid of Mucus in Nose
Are you worried about your mucus from your nose and want to get rid of it? Yes, then follow these simple steps:-
- Always blow your nose properly and use clean tissues to clear the dirt.
- Inhale steam as the warmth can kill all the bacteria and irritants in the nose.
- Use nasal drops to keep the nose clean and can use neti pot too.
- Use vaporizer which can melt down mucus and blow it out of your nose.
- Drinking warm liquids such as soups, tea, coffee etc. can also help in getting rid of mucus in the nose.
- Don’t expose your nose and mouth to dust and irritants.
How to Remove Mucus from Lungs Naturally?
Mucus in lungs can develop the disease like bronchitis, tuberculosis etc. So here are some natural ways to remove mucus from lungs easily:-
- Breathing in steam helps a lot in removing mucus from lungs as they help in killing bacteria and irritants present in the lungs.
- A few drops of eucalyptus or pine oil to water and consuming it can help a lot to remove mucus in your lungs as they soften the mucus and bring out the mucus from bronchial tubes.
- Spicy foods such as foods containing chile peppers, chilies help to make the mucus thin in your lungs and cough out productively.
- Avoid milk and its product as it stimulates the production of mucus in the respiratory tract.