Heart rate refers to the number of times the heart of a person beats per minute. It is commonly called the pulse rate. Having a lower and resting pulse rate is usually a sign of good health. The heart varies from person to person. There are many factors that contribute to change in heart rate.
- physical activity
- Time of day
- Hormonal changes or fluctuations
- Emotional stress
How to Slow Down Heart Rate Anxiety
- Smile often. It’s always a good idea to have a quick break and get some giggles on when work has got us down. Surveys and research shows that laughter can really lessen the symptoms of anxiety and depression. So smile and laugh often and check out some funny videos on youtube to calm the jittery nerves.
- De-clutter the brain. Physical clutter is equal to mental clutter. A workspace that is messy can make it really difficult to relax and it seems like our work will never end. So always take 10 to 15 minutes to clean up the living or work area, and then make it a habit of keeping your things and surroundings clean and free from anxiety. It’ll help us think more positively and rationally plus there won’t be as much space for anxiety.
- Show gratitude. Studies show that expressing gratitude can help reduce anxiety, especially when we’re resting. Start a journal of gratitude to get in the mindset of appreciation and being overwhelmed.
- Eat the right food. Anxiety can be very dangerous as it can throw our bodies totally out of whack. Our diet must change or we will crave certain foods. To give the body the support it requires, try to eat more of nutrient-rich (Vitamin B and omega 3) food with some healthy whole-grain carbohydrates. Studies prove that vitamin B link with good mental health and omega-3s helps to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. Whole-grain carb helps to regulate serotonin levels.
Foods That Lower Heart Rate
Food that helps to lower the heart rate are bananas, raisen, spinach, nuts, seeds, legumes, beans, pumpkin, fish, avocados etc.
How To Lower Your Heart Rate Permanently
- Avoid the intake of alcohol
- Eat right
- Have vitamin-rich diet
- Lose weight if needed
- Reduce stress
How to Lower Heart Rate with Exercise
Exercise can really help to reduce heart rate. Do exercise regularly. Practice Yoga or any kind of exercise that you like and make it your habit.
Foods to Lower Heart Rate Immediately
- Vitamin B rich food
- Omega 3 rich food
- Nut and seed