If we maintain a healthy scalp and take care of our hair with good hygiene helps to prevent many diseases and hair releted problems. If our hair is shiny with a smooth texture and clean-cut ends is said to be healthy. Hair care is important for both men and women. Nobody likes to go out with dirty, fizzy, dry, and unhealthy hair. As people think about how to make their hair healthy again follow these ways.
Handle your hair gently, Wash your hair less often, Try to dry it whenever possible, Use a comb not a brush, and stop damaging your hair with treatments.
Some of the ways on how to make your hair healthy again are
Caution: If your hair is getting damaged due to various reasons try to start a new routine.
1. Handle your hair gently
If you are having damaged hair it may appear to be very thin and needs to be handled with care. If your hair is rough it can split and break and it appears to be more frizzy. If your hair is dry or soft no matter how late it is start to maintain your hair. To maintain your hair follow these tips.
- When you are applying shampoo or any other products to your hair make sure that you use your fingers. Through your fingers gently pull the shampoo or any other products through your hair roots to the tips. Don’t scrub your hair.
- Next step is to rinse your hair with lukewarm water, don’t use hot water.
- After washing your hair, don’t wrap your hair with a wet towel instead squeeze the water gently, and then pat it dry. You can use an old t-shirt, chamois or a soft towel.
2. Wash your hair less often
If you wash your hair regularly the natural oils that protect your hair from getting dry and brittle clears away. Therefore try to wash your hair only once or twice a week as it gets some time to recover. In just a week you will find a positive change in the texture of your hair.
- When you are using shampoo use how much shampoo is needed. It is fine to use a dime or quarter-sized amount. Make sure that your hair is not dripping with soap.
- Wash your hair every 2to3 days.
- Make sure that you use the exact shampoo and conditioner according to your type of hair.
- Use shampoo again if the roots of your hair seem to be dry in between while washing your hair. But don’t use more shampoo as using it too much can lead to damaging the hair.
3. Let it dry whenever possible
Using a hair dryer to dry your hair may create havoc on your hair and if your hair is already damaged it might damage more. Instead of using a hairdryer to dry your hair, it is better to dry your hair naturally. As you try to love your hair and leave it alone it will become less fizzy and dry.
- Try to avoid using hair styling tools like curling machines and hair straighteners as much as possible.
- If you want to use a hair dryer, you can use the coolest setting that works with your hair.
Also Read: Surprising Benefits Of Rose Water For Skin
4. Use a comb not a brush
If you are using a brush it is better to avoid it as these brushes have plastic bristles that drag your hair which can help in pulling out the tangles but may cause breakages to your hair. You can use a wide tooth comb to comb your hair. You can start removing the tangles at the bottom of your hair and then move up till your hair gets de tangled from the tips to the roots.
5. Stop damaging your hair with treatments
If you are coloring your hair or trying to change the texture, as there is no permanent way to change the color it would be better to stop these practices.
- If you want to dye your hair you can use henna dye or a subtle tea to brighten or deepen the color.
How to bring back dead Hair?
1. Deep condition your hair once a week
Using good conditioner hair keeps your hair naturally healthy. It also helps in bringing good natural texture to your hair. If your hair is silky, curly, or bouncy you can use hair conditioner according to the manufacturer’s instructions or you can take hair treatment too by following these ways.
• Wet your hair
• Apply some amount of coconut oil or olive oil. Comb your hair neatly so that the oil spreads to all the roots.
• Now cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap.
• Let the oil sit, leave it for one whole night.
• In the morning wash your hair nicely. It may take two rinses to remove excess oil from your hair.
2. Make your hair mask to suit your texture
You can make hair masks by using some of the ingredients from your kitchen. Apply the hair mask once you wet your hair. Wait for five minutes and then wash your hair using shampoo.
You can try hair masks like
• If you are having frizzy hair you can use one whisked egg.
• If you are having dry hair you can use two tablespoons of whole milk or yogurt.
• If you are having imbalanced hair you can use two tablespoons of honey.
• If you are having dull hair you can use one tablespoon of white vinegar and one tablespoon of water.
3. Apply a finishing oil to wet or dry hair
Finishing oil is similar to conditioner but it won’t make your hair look dull or down. You can take some amount of oil and spread it evenly through the roots to the edges of your hair. You can use coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, and argan oil.
4. Try a boar bristle brush
This is a special type of brush as it helps in pulling up the oil evenly through the roots and edges of your hair. This is one of the best brushes to use even if your hair is damaged.
• If you are thinking of washing your hair, the night before or several hours before you go to shower comb your hair with this boar bristle brush.
• Divide the hair and brush each section neatly.
• Follow the normal routine for shampooing.
5. Use all-natural products only
If you are using commercial products and products for styling it can damage your hair.
It is better to use natural products as they won’t cause further damage to your hair. Before purchasing check the labels on what is being used and avoid such products. Eg: Sulfates are found in shampoo and they strip your hair from natural oils, alcohol is found in hair sprays and gel and it keeps your hair dry.
How to restore hair health?
1. Massage your scalp
If you massage your scalp regularly it helps in blood circulation and also helps in the growth of new hair. While going to take a shower make it a habit to massage for some time. With the tips of your fingers in a circular motion massage all over the scalp.
• If you want a nourishing massage dip your fingers into almond or coconut oil.
• You can also use tea tree oil as it helps in the growth of the hair. Take five tablespoons of this oil and then massage it to your scalp.
2. Have a well-balanced diet
Remember that the food you consume has a great impact on your hair. If you are not taking enough vitamins and nutrients your hair might look dull and unhealthy. Therefore try to include proteins, vitamins, and a little amount of fat in your diet. Malnutrition can affect the hair which is caused by crash diets and eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia.
3. Stay hydrated
Dehydration is another reason which can cause damage to your hair. Therefore drink plenty of water. When you feel thirsty instead of having coffee or soda have water which can help with dehydration.
4. Protect the hair from the elements
Hair can get damaged due to pollution, cold weather, and the sun too. You can also wear a hat according to the designs you might like to protect your hair. You can also use swim caps if you are getting into the swimming pool to protect your hair from chlorine. Many hair colors protect from the sun.
5. Trim your hair often
Trimming your hair gives a fresher look. Get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks no matter how short or long your hair is. Avoid straightening your hair if you are looking for the good health of your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get damaged hair healthy again
If your hair is getting damaged due to various reasons try to start a new routine like handle to your hair gently, Washing your hair less often, Trying to dry it whenever possible, Using a comb not a brush, and stopping damaging your hair with treatments.
2. How long does it take to repair damaged hair
The products that are used to design the hair might speed up the process but it will take at least 6 months or a year to see the difference in the hair condition.
3. What are the signs of damaged hair
Signs of damaged hair include frizzy hair, split ends, incorrect hair color, knots, and tangles. Due to this the hair might look try and dull.
4. What should healthy hair look like
Healthy hair should like shiny, soft, and silky. Even after applying hair color, the hair looks silky, etc it means that the condition of your hair is good.
Share your comments
Comments are closed.